You have probably, repeatedly, revising the forum, have seen many custom firmwares, you may have previously installed them on smartphones. You can install new software on some devices without any problems, and sometimes there are difficulties with the rest. For example, on some Xiaomi smartphones with a blocked Bootloader, you will not be able to install custom firmware. The forum is
often asked how to unlock the xiaomi redmi note 3 bootloader for installing unofficial software. On this device, as well as Note Pro, Redmi 3s and some other devices (released since November 2015), the manufacturer blocks the bootloader, so for complete control over the smartphone, you must first unlock the bootloader.
If you are a confident Android user, then you know for sure that an unlocked Bootloader provides a number of advantages to the user:
- Ability to install custom Recovery.
- Modified Recovery greatly facilitates the work with the device. Thanks to him,it becomes possible to install any firmware and additional scripts.
- With the bootloader open, you can easily set Root rights (superuser). They are needed to work with system files. Using Root rights, you can configure the device for yourself: remove unnecessary standard programs, clean your smartphone from advertising, overclock the processor, increase autonomy, and more.
Suppose you decide to install a modified firmware. First you need to check the status of the bootloader.
How to find out if the bootloader is locked
There are several ways to find out this information. We start with a simple one.
This check is relevant for Redmi 3 and Redmi Note 3, but it is possible that it will
work on your model.
- Go to the system settings of the device;
- Select the lowest item “About the device”;
- On the line “Kernel” click quickly several times;
- In the menu that appears, go to the first item “Software version”.
- We find the line “fastboot lock state” under which the bootloader status is indicated: lock – locked, unlock – unlocked.
Method 2 – through a computer
If you have windows
We boot the device in fastboot mode. Press the power button and the lower volume
key simultaneously. We connect the smartphone via USB to the computer. On the PC,
hold down the Win + R keys, the input field will open. Enter the command “cmd” to
open the command line. At the command prompt, write the command “adb”, press
Enter. We find out information about the bootloader. We type the command:
fastboot oem device-info
If the bootloader is unlocked, the display will read: Device unlocked: true . Otherwise, false will be indicates